Eye Lift Plastic Surgery in Las Vegas
Blepharoplasty, or eyelift surgery, is a procedure done to restore a more youthful appearance to the area around the eye. This can be performed on the upper eyelids, lower eyelids, or both. These factors cause the appearance of excess skin. As we age the fat pockets around the eye start to bulge. The resulting effect on the upper eyelids is that the skin hangs and sometimes can even obstruct vision. More often though it just leads to a “tired” appearance and in women, can cause makeup smudging. On the lower lids, the effect is bulges, or “bags”, and wrinkles.
Things which may contribute to sagging eyelids include:
- Sun damage
- Hereditary factors
- Skin losing elasticity
How Is The Procedure Done?
The lids are “lifted” by removal of excess skin and when indicated, a small amount of fat is also removed. The upper lid blepharoplasty is done through an incision made in the upper eyelid crease. The procedure can be done with an incision just beneath the lower lash line. A different incision on the inside of the lower lid can be done for those with not much skin excess but who have bulges with the appearance of dark circles. In that case, no skin is removed.
What Blepharoplasty Will & Will Not Do
Having a blepharoplasty will not necessarily take away dark circles under the eyes or treat crow’s feet. Depending on the cause, some of these issues can be addressed with other procedures, such as Botox or Dysport and HA fillers. Some people who have “sagging lids” may not actually need a blepharoplasty. In some cases, it is sagging brow skin that causes a similar appearance. In that case, a browlift procedure is needed in order to keep the brow skin from sagging over the upper eyelid region.
Learn more if an eye lift is right for you by calling us today at (702) 362-5960!
Why Choose Dr. Orna Fisher?
- Boutique Practice, Private and Personalized
- Double Board Certified Female Plastic Surgeon
- Member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Member of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Voted Best Cosmetic Surgeon in the Best of Silver State Awards and Multiple Top Doctor Awards
- Participates Consistently in Continuing Education to Provide Best Practices
- Known for Her Surgical Precision and for Her Personalized Approach With Patients
- Mission is to Provide Her Patients With Top Quality Plastic Surgery and The Latest Cosmetic Procedures
- The Only Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon on Las Vegas Blvd., Near the Strip