Brow lifting procedures, or forehead lifts, are indicated when the brows are lower than they should be. Sometimes the low brow skin leads to excess weight over the eyelids, and sometimes it is simply a cosmetic issue. In the cosmetic sense, there is an ideal normal position for the brow in women which is different than that in men. As we age, the position of the brow changes. Whether it’s to give you the brow line you never had or to restore a more youthful forehead, the brow lift procedure aims to reposition the brow to a more aesthetic position.
There are variations to the technique, which can be done as an open browlift with a large incision or as an endoscopic brow lift done through small incisions. Not everyone is a candidate for one or the other. The open brow lift is done through a large incision either behind the hairline or in front of it. The endoscopic brow lift is done through multiple small incisions in the scalp, usually but not always, behind the hairline. With this approach the small incisions are used to place a camera and instruments that allow the plastic surgeon to see everything that is being done just as if the surgery was done through a large incision.
Whichever procedure is right for you, the result can be dramatic.
Why Choose Dr. Orna Fisher?
- Virtual Telehealth Consultations for Convenience & Privacy
- Boutique Practice, Private and Personalized
- Double Board Certified Female Plastic Surgeon
- Member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Member of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Voted Best Cosmetic Surgeon in the Best of Silver State Awards and Multiple Top Doctor Awards
- Participates Consistently in Continuing Education to Provide Best Practices
- Known for Her Surgical Precision and for Her Personalized Approach With Patients
- Mission is to Provide Her Patients With Top Quality Plastic Surgery and The Latest Cosmetic Procedures