Many people have areas of excess fat that they just can’t get rid of no matter how much diet, exercise, or weight loss is done. In women, areas on the abdomen or the “muffin top” around the hips can be very stubborn. In men, a six-pack abdomen may not be attainable no matter the efforts. If this sounds familiar, you may be a good candidate for liposuction.
Liposuction, or “lipo”, is a surgery that uses small tubes to remove fat from specific areas of the body. The technique is used to sculpt these areas in order to improve their shape and is also called liposculpture. Many areas of the body are amenable to liposuction, these include the abdomen, back, hips, arms, and thighs.
Who is a Good Candidate for Liposuction?
Although liposuction does remove inches in many cases, it is actually not a surgery for weight loss. The best candidates for liposuction are those who are not over weight, but have areas on their bodies that are not responsive to diet and exercise. The best long-term results are maintained when you combine liposuction with a sustained healthy lifestyle.
What Can Liposuction Not Do?
Liposuction is not for massive weight loss. There are safety limits to how much fat can be removed at one time without endangering your life. Liposuction is not a treatment for cellulite and can in fact make the appearance worse if is your skin quality is poor meaning, loose, inelastic, or with stretch marks.
What are the Risks of Liposuction?
Liposuction is real surgery. It is not a casual procedure that can be done by anybody. As with any surgical procedure, there are possible risks and complications including bleeding, scarring, infection, and damage to deeper body parts. With liposuction, there is also the potential for contour irregularity, damage to nerves, and asymmetry.
Dr. Fisher performs liposuction procedures at an accredited outpatient surgery center. Liposuction is done under anesthesia administered by an experienced anesthesiologist throughout the procedure.
Basics of What to Expect After Surgery?
After having liposuction, a compression garment must be worn for several weeks. You will have bruising and swelling for several weeks. The final outcome of the surgery is usually seen after a few months.
Why Choose Dr. Orna Fisher?
- Boutique Practice, Private and Personalized
- Double Board Certified Female Plastic Surgeon
- Member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Member of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Voted Best Cosmetic Surgeon in the Best of Silver State Awards and Multiple Top Doctor Awards
- Participates Consistently in Continuing Education to Provide Best Practices
- Known for Her Surgical Precision and for Her Personalized Approach With Patients
- Mission is to Provide Her Patients With Top Quality Plastic Surgery and The Latest Cosmetic Procedures
- The Only Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon on Las Vegas Blvd., Near the Strip