Delicate Care from Our Las Vegas Plastic Surgeon
Labiaplasty is an operation designed to improve the appearance of the female external genitalia (labia minora and labia majora). The surgery can be done purely for cosmetic reasons, or can be for functional and hygienic reasons. Although labiaplasty may not be the most comfortable cosmetic surgery to discuss, it is a helpful operation that has improved the lives of countless women.
Some women experience discomfort in their clothing can experience irritation with physical activity, or can have pain during intercourse. Some women are simply self-conscious and are dissatisfied with the appearance of their labia. Oftentimes, this is because the labia tissue is too large or redundant. This can involve just one side or both, and may also extend to the clitoral hood. This anatomy can start in childhood or can evolve over time, for example after multiple childbirths.
Labiaplasty Versus Vaginoplasty
Most of the time, labiaplasty is performed to reduce the size of the vulva’s inner lips. It only corrects things externally – the appearance of the labia minora. Vaginoplasty is different because it is done to tighten the actual vaginal canal. This is an internal gynecologic procedure. Dr. Fisher does not perform vaginoplasty.
The types of labiaplasty procedures include:
- Excision- the most basic technique for labiaplasty. It involves directly trimming the labia minora.
- Wedge resection- involves removing a wedge of tissue from the labia minora.
- De-epithelialization- removes only the outermost skin of the labia minora instead of the whole thickness of it.
- Clitoral hood reduction
- Labia majora reduction or enhancement.
Labiaplasty can be done under local or general anesthesia, depending on the person and type of procedure needed. If you are considering having labiaplasty surgery, you will need to come in for a consultation to learn whether or not you are a candidate for the procedure. Call us now for more information at (702) 362-5960!
Why Choose Dr. Orna Fisher?
- Boutique Practice, Private and Personalized
- Double Board Certified Female Plastic Surgeon
- Member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Member of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Voted Best Cosmetic Surgeon in the Best of Silver State Awards and Multiple Top Doctor Awards
- Participates Consistently in Continuing Education to Provide Best Practices
- Known for Her Surgical Precision and for Her Personalized Approach With Patients
- Mission is to Provide Her Patients With Top Quality Plastic Surgery and The Latest Cosmetic Procedures
- The Only Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon on Las Vegas Blvd., Near the Strip