Lip augmentation is a procedure that can be done through surgery or non-surgical techniques.
The lips have very specific proportions, for example the upper lip to lower lip ratio is 1/3 to 2/3. That’s right: The lower lip is fuller than the upper lip and it’s supposed to be this way! Anything else, will give a very unnatural appearance, what is commonly referred to as “ducky lips”, where the upper lip is too big and sticks out compared with the lower lip. There is also a specific balance between the white part of the lip and the red part of the lip. If this balance is distorted, one can get the poor result referred to as “sausage lips”, where there is no respect for the borders of the red lip or for proportion and shape.
Like all procedures in cosmetic plastic surgery, lip enhancement is a procedure that requires an aesthetic eye focusing on lip shape, balance between the two lips, and how the lips fit a particular face. Lip shapes vary from person to person and the amount of natural-looking augmentation that is possible will also vary based on this.
Hyaluronic acid filler injections can be used to augment the lips. This effects of this procedure last 4 to 6 months and must be repeated every 4 to 6 months to maintain the effect.
There are different types of surgical options including lip lift and lip implants.
Why Choose Dr. Orna Fisher?
- Boutique Practice, Private and Personalized
- Double Board Certified Female Plastic Surgeon
- Member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Member of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Voted Best Cosmetic Surgeon in the Best of Silver State Awards and Multiple Top Doctor Awards
- Participates Consistently in Continuing Education to Provide Best Practices
- Known for Her Surgical Precision and for Her Personalized Approach With Patients
- Mission is to Provide Her Patients With Top Quality Plastic Surgery and The Latest Cosmetic Procedures
- The Only Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon on Las Vegas Blvd., Near the Strip