Fat grafting, or fat transfer, describes the procedure of transferring fat from one area of the body to another. Usually this is done to add volume to the face. As we age, the face loses volume in key areas. The face develops a more rectangular appearance as upper face width decreases and lower facial width increases. The smooth full contours of the cheeks are lost and there is a more deflated appearance to the midface.
Fat injections to the face can restore the fullness in the right places. Usually fat is taken by liposuction from somewhere else on the body, generally the abdomen, hips, or thighs. The fat is then prepared and injected into the needed areas.
This procedure can be done by itself or in addition to another procedure such as a facelift or eyelid surgery.
Fat grafting can also be done to rejuvenate or add volume to other areas of the body, such as the hands.
Why Choose Dr. Orna Fisher?
- Boutique Practice, Private and Personalized
- Double Board Certified Female Plastic Surgeon
- Member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Member of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Voted Best Cosmetic Surgeon in the Best of Silver State Awards and Multiple Top Doctor Awards
- Participates Consistently in Continuing Education to Provide Best Practices
- Known for Her Surgical Precision and for Her Personalized Approach With Patients
- Mission is to Provide Her Patients With Top Quality Plastic Surgery and The Latest Cosmetic Procedures
- The Only Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon on Las Vegas Blvd., Near the Strip