Brachiplasty (Arm Lift)
The arm lift procedure, also called brachioplasty, is a body contouring procedure. This surgical cosmetic procedure is done to give the arms a tighter and more youthful appearance. There are different reasons for someone to seek brachioplasty.
Massive Weight Loss
People who have undergone massive weight loss often have excessive hanging skin and this is very common on the upper arms. The arms become “deflated” and even with good muscle tone underneath, the skin just sags. In many cases, there is so much excess skin that there is a “batwing” appearance when the arms are raised out to the side.
Self confidence can be significantly affected as people with “batwings” are embarrassed to show their arms in public and are unable to wear certain clothes they may want to wear. Clothing can also be ill-fitting because what fits the body may not fit the arms. Sometimes hygiene is affected as well. Physical activity and athletic endeavors may also be limited due to the bouncing effect of the skin with movement.
Genetics and aging can also play a role in this, and there are people who tend to accumulate fat in their upper arms. With simple weight fluctuations, the skin can hang. Unfortunately, no matter how much exercise is done, the skin has lost elasticity and just can’t be tightened.
In all cases, brachioplasty will remove the excess skin and fat by removing the excess. This leaves a long scar down the arm. Often when there is excess fat in addition to skin, liposuction is done at the same time in order to contour the shape of the arms. Sometimes, liposuction alone can be used, but very few people are candidates for this because it only removes fat and cannot tighten hanging skin.
Like all body contouring procedures, it trades loose skin and poor shape for improved contour and a scar. In good candidates, this surgery can be life changing.
Why Choose Dr. Orna Fisher?
- Boutique Practice, Private and Personalized
- Double Board Certified Female Plastic Surgeon
- Member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Member of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Voted Best Cosmetic Surgeon in the Best of Silver State Awards and Multiple Top Doctor Awards
- Participates Consistently in Continuing Education to Provide Best Practices
- Known for Her Surgical Precision and for Her Personalized Approach With Patients
- Mission is to Provide Her Patients With Top Quality Plastic Surgery and The Latest Cosmetic Procedures
- The Only Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon on Las Vegas Blvd., Near the Strip